Town Buildings, Halls and Reserves

Overview

From small gatherings to large functions, whatever the occasion, there is a venue within the Edward River region that will suit your needs.

Deniliquin Town Hall - End Street, Deniliquin

The Town Hall opened in 1876 with the clock tower, donated by Captain George Landale, added in 1904. The building was initially the Council Chambers and Staff Offices.

In 1928, after much debate, a large, rather extravagantly decorated hall with a central glass segmented dome in the ceiling was constructed adjoining the original building. The hall was very popular for social functions as well as being a picture theatre for many years.

For bookings, please contact us.

Multi Arts Centre - Cressy Street, Deniliquin

The former St Paul's Anglican Church, built in 1866 and deconsecrated in 1977, was purchased along with the adjoining Sunday School Hall by Deniliquin Council with a Heritage Commission Grant. Set in the delightful Waring Gardens, the Centre is available for hire for weddings, exhibitions and musical recitals. Seating approx. 200, all furniture needs to be hired. Facilities include a small kitchen & adjoining toilets. The Sunday School Hall is also available for hire and is used weekly by the Lions Club for Bingo, Deniquilters and the Edward River Art Group.

For bookings please call Geoff Riley on (03) 5881 2811.

Peppin Heritage Centre - George Street, Deniliquin

Situated in the old Public School, the Heritage Centre tells the story of the hardship, tragedy and triumphs in developing the Peppin Merino bloodline. The centre incorporates an old school room, the tale of the "Headless Horseman" in the old Wanganella Gaol, "Struggle for Water" Exhibition, Warriston Ram Shed and the history of many properties along the Edward River. The Gallery space provides an area for up to 12 exhibitions a year, including sculptural, art, fashion, collectibles and travelling exhibitions.

For bookings, contact the Centre on (03) 5898 3120 or via email at info@edwardriver.nsw.gov.au.

Community Halls

  • Blighty Hall and Recreation Reserve - Blighty Recreation Reserve, Riverina Highway, Blighty

For bookings, contact Bob Elder on (03) 5882 6251. Community Hall, sporting oval, playground, football, tennis/netball courts, cricket, meeting and hall facilities available for hire.

  • Booroorban Hall - Cobb Highway, Booroorban

For bookings, contact Tertia Butcher on (02) 6993 0669. Shade covered playground, public amenities, meeting and hall facilities available for hire.

  • Conargo Hall and Recreation Reserve - Conargo Road, Conargo

For bookings, contact Lyn Hardcastle on (03) 5884 6650. Shade covered playground, public amenities, meeting and hall facilities  available for hire, sheep yards.

  • Mayrung Hall - Mayrung Road, Mayrung

For bookings, contact Burt and Birgetta Schultz on (03) 5882 4271 (home) or (03) 5882 4243 (work). Playround, meeting and hall facilities available for hire.

  • Pretty Pine Hall and Recreation Reserve - Cobb Highway, Pretty Pine

For bookings, contact Daniel Liphuyzen on (03) 5882 3554. Shade covered playground, tennis courts, sporting oval public amenities, meeting and hall facilities available to hire.

  • Wanganella Hall - Cobb Highway, Wanganella

For bookings, contact Dianne Hooke on 0428 378 380 or via email at hooke5@bigpond.com or Kerry Bain on (03) 5884 7540 or via email at kba10262@hotmail.com. Shade covered playground, public amenities and hall facilities available to hire.