Section 355 Committees
Under section 355 of the Local Government Act 1993, Council is able to delegate some of its functions to a committee of Council. Council uses this delegation and appoints members of the community to manage its facilities or functions through a committee or board of management. These committees are known as Section 355 Committees.
Community involvement in managing community facilities provides better outcomes for locals, while engaging and including residents and providing them with an opportunity to participate in local life.
Council's current Section 355 Committees include:
- Cemetery Advisory Committee
- Central Murray Darling Association
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Airport Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Community Garden;
- Edward River Council Floodplain Risk Management Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Heritage Committee
- Edward River Council Municipal Band Committee
- Edward River Council Tidy Towns Committee
- Edward River Users Group
- Memorial Park Users Advisory Committee