Edward River Council is committed to economic and business growth and acknowledges the benefit of facilitating business development in the region.
Council is keen to engage with developers, business operators, relocators and those wishing to establish a business or pursue business opportunities in our community. Our Economic Development & Business Department serves as a one-stop shop for our business community and has a team of dedicated professionals ready to assist.
The Economic Development & Business Department can help your business to prosper in Edward River by providing the following services:
- Business assistance;
- Coordinated planning and development services;
- Demographics and statistics;
- Grants and subsidy assistance;
- Information on current and future developments;
- Regional mapping information; and
- Relocation advice.
Under Council’s Business Development Policy, Council may, on application and on a case-by-case basis, offer various incentives to support business development. These incentives include:
- Assisting in preparing applications for State and Federal Government support;
- Hosting visits by key personnel;
- Meeting the cost of relocation expenses for key personnel;
- Waiving or reducing the Council component of Development Application fees;
- Providing land or buildings at a reduced rental or at cost or under a lease/ purchase, delayed settlement or terms purchase arrangements;
- Facilitating the release of land;
- Providing direct financial incentives linked to the cost of establishment or relocation;
- Council rate holiday periods; and
- The provision of infrastructure or Council plant for works-in-kind.
These measures can be considered by Council singularly or in combination on a case-by-case basis, dependent on the merits of each case.
Now is the time to locate and develop your business in Deniliquin and the Edward River region.
For further information on industrial land, demographic information and investment assistance and support, contact Council’s Economic Development & Business Department on (03) 5898 3000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Support and Advocacy