Join an organisation where you’re on a fast track for growth... whatever that looks like for you. Whether you are focused on growing your career, your family or yourself, Edward River Council is wide open for opportunity. We are growing our services and our region, and we’re looking for transformational leaders to join our high-performing team.
You are a dynamic leader with a strong background in Civil Engineering and Project Management. You enjoy working strategically to ensure roads and transport assets contribute to a region’s growth, liveability and amenity. You have significant experience in leading road construction and maintenance teams and are looking for your next challenge. You have an understanding of the local government context and are committed to providing high quality service delivery for the community.
About your new role:
Roads are the lifeblood for the Edward River region. As our new Manager of Transport you’ll be responsible for overseeing the management and delivery of infrastructure services related to road and transport assets, including drainage, river levee, footpaths, kerbs, roads and bridges across almost 9,000km2 of our local government area. Your role will involve strategic planning, budget management, staff development, and stakeholder engagement.
Reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure, you will:
- Be a key player in shaping the future of the Edward River region.
- Lead a capable team to deliver high quality transport services for the community of Edward River.
- Enhance road safety for the community.
- Manage Transport for NSW RMCC contracts, including fulfilling the role of RMCC Contract Manager.
- Prepare, implement and manage Maintenance Management Plans for infrastructure asset classes that drives the operational and maintenance works.
Do you have these key attributes:
- Strong leadership skills to guide a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills.
- Ability to think strategically and implement innovative solutions.
- Proven experience in Civil Engineering or Project Management.
- Strong financial acumen, with experience in budget planning and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability in engaging and collaborating with various stakeholders, including government bodies and community members.
- Contemporary working knowledge and experience in risk management and Work Health and Safety (WHS) practices.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and customer service.
What's on offer?
- The opportunity to make your mark in this new role building on the existing capability of an experienced team and building a new, dedicated transport function.
- An exciting portfolio of transport projects.
- A full-time, permanent role within the Edward River Council.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary range $111,223 to 138,902 plus 11% super.
- Vehicle options.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Project Management, or equivalent experience combined with ongoing professional development.
- Contemporary knowledge and experience in managing road operations and project management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and manage staff consistent with a culture of customer service excellence and Council’s values – Leadership, Excellence, Accountability and Delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding and competence in contemporary risk management and Work Health and Safety principles and practice.
- NSW WorkCover General Induction for Construction Works in NSW accreditation or equivalent (White Card).
- Current Drivers Licence.
Why work at Edward River Council:
At Edward River Council, our values are not just words on a page – they guide our decisions, actions, and the way we interact with each other and our community. Embrace an environment that fosters:
- Leadership: Lead with empathy and integrity.
- Excellence: Continually strive for excellence in service delivery.
- Accountability: Commit to transparency and honesty in all dealings.
- Delivery: Dedicate yourself to outstanding community service.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that is inclusive, diverse, and conducive to both personal and professional growth. When you join us, you become part of a team dedicated to delivering results for our community and outstanding service to our customers. We welcome applications from people with disability and aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need assistance with the application process, please contact Council’s People and Culture team.
Discover a new era in local government:
Be a part of an organisation where your contributions truly matter. Apply today to be Edward River Council's Manager Transport. Applications close on 27 November 2023.
Before submitting your application, please take the time to read the position description.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter addressing the essential criteria outlined in the job description and the attributes as listed above (max 2 page)
- Your current resume (max 2 pages)
Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
For further information on the opportunity, please contact the hiring manager:
Mark Dalzell – Director Infrastructure
03 5898 3000