Looking for a chance to apply your current experience in leasing, assets and property/building management to a fascinating new portfolio? You’ll love the diversity in the Property Officer role and thrive on applying a strategic approach to managing community assets.
Join an organisation where you’re on a fast track for growth... whatever that looks like for you. Whether you are focused on growing your career, your family or yourself, Edward River Council is wide open for opportunity. We are growing our services and our region, and we’re looking for dynamic leaders and specialists to join our high-performing team.
You are a dynamic individual with experience in property management, asset management or a corporate building management environment. You enjoy working strategically to ensure property portfolios and facilities contribute to a region’s growth and liveability. You have significant experience in property and asset management and are looking for your next challenge. You have an understanding of the local government context. You're a team player who can deliver great work on time and are an invaluable support to the Manager Facilities & Open Spaces.
About your new role:
As our new Property Officer, you’ll be responsible for the overall management of Edward River Council’s property portfolio and facilities, including leasing, security, cleaning and maintenance coordination. From pools and stadiums to heritage buildings, halls and ovals, Council’s portfolio is within 9,000km2 of our local government area. Your role will involve stakeholder engagement with government departments, contractors, user groups and other Councils.
Reporting directly to Manager Facilities & Open Spaces, you will:
- Manage all leases and licenses, including liaising with contractors for the use of Council owned or managed property.
- Manage Council’s facility contracts, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Develop, implement, maintain and review a system for hiring of land and buildings that satisfies all legislative and policy requirement.
- Develop, implement and review property maintenance programs for Council buildings and facilities, including servicing and maintenance of safety equipment, installing and maintaining premises security systems and cleaning.
- Maintain a register of required insurances from Council’s lessees and licencees.
- Undertake the necessary statutory and administrative matters associated with Council’s landowner/property responsibilities, including building condition inspections.
Do you have these key attributes:
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with all levels of the organisation to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare accurate and timely documentation such as reports, presentations and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and develop staff consistent with a culture of customer service excellence and Council’s values – Leadership, Excellence, Accountability and Delivery.
What's on offer?
- The opportunity to make your mark in this new role, building on the existing capability of an experienced team
- An exciting property portfolio
- A full-time, permanent role within the Edward River Council.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary range $68,201 – 85,174 plus 11% super.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Contemporary experience in interpreting and applying legislation and lease agreements.
- Contemporary experience implementing strategies and plans to deliver service unit objectives within scope and in accordance with policy and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding and competence in contemporary risk management and Work Health and Safety principles and practice.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Why work at Edward River Council:
At Edward River Council, our values are not just words on a page – they guide our decisions, actions, and the way we interact with each other and our community. Embrace an environment that fosters:
- Leadership: Lead with empathy and integrity.
- Excellence: Continually strive for excellence in service delivery.
- Accountability: Commit to transparency and honesty in all dealings.
- Delivery: Dedicate yourself to outstanding community service.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that is inclusive, diverse, and conducive to both personal and professional growth. When you join us, you become part of a team dedicated to delivering results for our community and outstanding service to our customers. We welcome applications from people with disability and aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need assistance with the application process, please contact Council’s People and Culture team.
Discover a new era in local government:
Be a part of an organisation where your contributions truly matter. Apply today to be Edward River Council's Property Officer.
Applications close on 4 December 2023.
Before submitting your application, please take the time to read the position description.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter addressing the essential criteria outlined in the job description and the attributes as listed above (max 2 page)
- Your current resume (max 2 pages)
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the opportunity, please contact the hiring manager:
Mark Dalzell, Director Infrastructure
03 5898 3000