Information for Residents

Picture of a hand with voting slip

Information on voting

The Local Government Election is being held on Saturday 14 September. At the election, you will be asked to vote on which candidates should become a Councillor for the next term of Council (2024–2027).

If you’re over 18, are an Australian citizen and live in the Edward River local government area, make sure you’re enrolled to vote.

Polling booth locations and information about pre-polling and postal voting will be provided when the details are confirmed by the NSW Electoral Commission.

For more information or to update your enrolment details, visit

Non-residential roll

If you own land or are a lessee in the Edward River Council area, but do not live here, you may still be eligible to vote in the Local Government Election. Non-residential rolls provide people who are non-resident owners, occupiers and ratepaying lessees of rateable land within the Edward River Council area an opportunity to have a say in who is elected to Council.


graphic showing eligibility for non-resident owners and occupiers, and rate paying lessees

If you would like to be added to the non-residential roll, please fill out the relevant form below and return it to us by Monday 5 August 2024.

LG.127I-Non-residential-Roll-Individual-Application.pdf(PDF, 177KB)

LG.127N-Non-residential-Roll-Nominee-Application.pdf(PDF, 208KB) (for corporate or trustee owners, joint/several property owners, occupiers or ratepaying lessees)

For more information, visit the NSW Electoral Commission