Rural Tree Scheme
Each year Council opens for orders for the Rural Tree Scheme. All rural ratepayers in the Edward River local government area are eligible to purchase indigenous plants at a subsidised rate through this scheme.
Who is eligible?
Ratepayers whose properties are larger than one (1) hectare are eligible to purchase subsidised plants through Council’s Rural Tree Scheme.
The number of plants available per annum are:
- Properties one (1) hectare to ten (10) hectares - 50 tube seedlings
- Properties ten (10) hectares to five hundred (500) hectares -150 tube seedlings
- Properties five hundred (500) hectares and over - 300 tube seedlings
What are my responsibilities?
By participating in the Rural Tree Scheme, you agree to plant and tend to the seedlings you receive. You are expected to prepare your land properly before planting, including weed control, and provide ongoing maintenance.
How do I order?
Orders are open for submission, generally between mid August and mid September each year, so they can be propagated and grown for collection the following May or June, depending on the season.
At this time, you can review the current list of trees available, on the website or at council’s customer service centre. The completed order form can be returned with payment by the nominated closing date.
If you require assistance in selecting plants most suited to your property, please contact Felicity McKindlay at McKindlays Riverine Nursery on 0408 641 222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Tree Orders
- Open - Tuesday, 1st August 2023
- Pickup - You will be contacted in May 2024 advising when your seedlings will be ready for collection.
- View the current list of Trees available here(PDF, 98KB)
- Complete this Order form
- Close - Friday, 15th September 2023
How do I pay?
Payment accompanying the order form can be made in person at our friendly customer service centre with cash or eftpos, or over the phone or after receipt of an emailed form.
How do I collect my order?
Customers will be contacted in April or May the following year, once McKindlays Riverine Nursery have advised the collection date and time that they will be here with the orders made the previous September.
You have an option on the order form to nominate where you would like to collect the trees:
- Council's Works Depot on Wanderer Street, Deniliquin North or
- McKindlays Riverine Nursery at 2220 Perricoota Road, Moama