Apply for a Pensioner Rebate

Under the Local Government Act 1993, eligible pensioners are provided concessions on their ordinary rates and domestic waste management services charge. 

Eligible ratepayers are entitled to receive up to:

  • $250.00 off residential ordinary rates;
  • $87.50 off fixed water charges; and
  • $87.50 off fixed sewer charges.

Holders of the cards listed below are eligible for the concession.

  • Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card (PCC);
  • Holders of a gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated);
  • Holders of a gold card embossed with ‘EDA’ (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
  • War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement


About your payments 

  • If you start receiving a pension after the commencement of a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.
  • If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner, or you sell the property in which you live, you will not be entitled to receive a rebate after the end of the quarterly billing period in which you ceased to be eligible.
  • If you were granted a pensioner rebate in advance that you are no longer entitled to, it will be charged back to your rate account for the period relating to your ineligibility.

Apply for a Pensioner Concession

Download and complete the Pensioner Concession Form(PDF, 1MB), and return it to Edward River Council at;

  • 180 Cressy Street, Deniliquin
  • PO Box 270, Deniliquin NSW 2710 or
  • by email to