Under the Local Government Act 1993, eligible pensioners are provided concessions on their ordinary rates and domestic waste management services charge.
Eligible ratepayers are entitled to receive up to:
- $250.00 off residential ordinary rates;
- $87.50 off fixed water charges; and
- $87.50 off fixed sewer charges.
Holders of the cards listed below are eligible for the concession.
- Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card (PCC);
- Holders of a gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated);
- Holders of a gold card embossed with ‘EDA’ (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
- War widow or widower or wholly dep
About your payments
- If you start receiving a pension after the commencement of a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.
- If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner, or you sell the property in which you live, you will not be entitled to receive a rebate after the end of the quarterly billing period in which you ceased to be eligible.
- If you were granted a pensioner rebate in advance that you are no longer entitled to, it will be charged back to your rate account for the period relating to your ineligibility.
Apply for a Pensioner Concession
Download and complete the Pensioner Concession Form, and return it to Edward River Council at PO Box 270, Deniliquin NSW 2710 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.