Community Grants Program
Edward River Council is now accepting applications for the annual Community Grants Program; local not-for-profit community groups and associations are encouraged to apply for funding initiatives that support a creative cohesive community and will enhance the livability of the Edward River community.
Council’s annual Community Grants Program (CGP) offers grants of up to $3,000.
Applications for the Community Grants Program open at 9.00am on the 18th July 2023 and close at 5.00pm on the 29th August 2023.
Important: Applicants who have failed to acquit a previous community grant for a funded project will not be considered for funding assistance.
What Council is looking to support
A primary objective of the Community Grants Program is to assist Council in implementing the vision of the Edward River community as expressed in the Community Strategic Plan. Applicants must specify how their application aligns with a goal, strategy and delivery plan from the Community Strategic Plan.
Applicants seeking funding through the Community Grants Program must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a not-for-profit community organisation, group or association;
- Must be based in the Edward River Local Government Area (LGA) or have significant benefit for Edward River LGA residents;
- Be able to demonstrate financial viability;
- Have no outstanding grant acquittals or outstanding debts owing to Council;
- Have adequate Public Liability Insurance and appropriate Work Health and Safety policies in accordance with the Funding Agreement;
- Be able to demonstrate contribution to the Project for which funding is sought in the form of funds, services or in-kind support;
- Be able to demonstrate how the Project for which funding is sought will deliver benefits to arts and cultural activities for the residents of the Edward River LGA; and
- Ensure their application is submitted by the due date.
Further information on applicant requirements and eligibility is available in the Funding Guidelines(PDF, 203KB).
The documents and resources supporting the Community Grants Program are available under document library. Council recommends downloading and reading the guidelines and policy documents before commencing the grant application form.
How to Apply
We welcome your grant application and if you have any questions, please contact us through one of the channels listed below.
All applications are to be marked for the attention of the Manager Community and Economic Development and include:
- Name, email address and phone number
- Completed application form(PDF, 438KB)
- Evidence of the legal status of the organization
- Copy of Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance
There are many ways to submit your application:
- Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Edward River Council, PO Box 270, Deniliquin NSW 2710
- Drop off your expressions to our friendly customer services team at 180 Cressy Street, Deniliquin.
For further information
For further information about Council's Community Grants Program, contact Council's Community and Economic Development team on (03) 5898 3000 or via email at email@example.com
A reminder to ensure that you provide your application to us by 5.00pm 29 August 2023.
All applications are public documents and will be considered in a final report to Council in October 2023.
Should you lodge a submission, it will be considered, along with any other submissions received and may be included in a Council meeting business paper. Your submission, and any personal information, is accessible by any person upon written application, subject to Council’s Privacy Management procedures and the Government Information (Public Access) Act, 2009. The inclusion of personal information in your submission is voluntary. The information will ultimately be stored in Council’s records system.