Community Grants Program
Edward River Council’s Community Grants Program provides grants of up to $5,000 to not-for-profit community organisations, groups and associations for projects, equipment, events, exhibitions or performances which contribute positively to the Edward River community.
Before submitting an application for funding, applicants should read the Edward River Council Community Grants Application Guide(PDF, 443KB), which provides an overview of Council's Community Grants Program and includes an Application Form. This guide should be read alongside Council's Grants Policy(PDF, 126KB) and Grants Framework(PDF, 325KB).
One of the primary objectives of the Community Grants Program is to assist Council in implementing the vision of our community as expresses in our Community Strategic Plan, Edward River 2030. For this reason, applicants need to specify how their project aligns with a Community Strategic Plan goal and strategy and Delivery Program activity.
Who can apply?
Applicants seeking funding through the Community Grants Program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a not-for-profit community organisation, group or association;
- Must be based in the Edward River Local Government Area (LGA) or have significant benefit for Edward River LGA residents;
- Be able to demonstrate financial viability;
- Have no outstanding grant acquittals or outstanding debts owing to Council;
- Have adequate Public Liability Insurance and appropriate Work Health and Safety policies in accordance with the Funding Agreement;
- Be able to demonstrate contribution to the Project for which funding is sought in the form of funds, services or in-kind support;
- Be able to demonstrate how the Project for which funding is sought will deliver benefits to residents of the Edward River LGA; and
- Ensure their application is submitted by the due date.
Further information on applicant requirements and eligibility is available in the Application Guide.
For more information on Council’s Community Grants Program, download the following documents:
For further information about Council's 2018/19 Community Grants Program, contact Council's Community and Economic Development branch on (03) 5898 3000 or via email at email@example.com.