Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee was established in February 2018 and plays an important role in the governance framework of Edward River Council.
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee assists in promoting good governance practices within the organisation by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of enterprise risk management, control and governance processes in line with the Office of Local Government Internal Audit Guidelines and Part 4A of the Local Government Amendment (Governance and Planning) Act 2016. The Committee operates under the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Charter(PDF, 125KB).
Edward River Council is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for an external independent representative to join the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee.
Members of the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee must have appropriate qualifications and experience to fulfil their roles. Applications for membership will be assessed for previous Committee experience, plus qualifications, knowledge, and experience in the aspects of Council that the Committe are charged to review, such as:
- Risk management;
- Fraud control;
- Financial management;
- Implementation of the Community Strategic Plan, Delivery Program and Council strategies;
- Service reviews;
- Collection of performance management data by Council; and
- Any other matters prescribed by the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005
All applications will be reviewed by a Selection Panel comprising the Committee Chair, one Councilor Representative, the General Manager, and the Director Corporate Services. All applications received will be assessed against the selection considerations and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Applications should include a covering letter, copy of a CV and a completed Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Application Form(PDF, 226KB).
Applications close on Monday, 9 September 2019 at 5:00pm.
Section 355 Committees
Under section 355 of the Local Government Act 1993, Council is able to delegate some of its functions to a committee of Council. Council uses this delegation and appoints members of the community to manage its facilities or functions through a committee or board of management. These committees are known as Section 355 Committees.
Community involvement in managing community facilities provides better outcomes for locals, while engaging and including residents and providing them with an opportunity to participate in local life.
Council's current Section 355 Committees include:
- Cemetery Advisory Committee
- Central Murray Darling Association
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Airport Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Community Garden;
- Edward River Council Floodplain Risk Management Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Heritage Committee
- Edward River Council Municipal Band Committee
- Edward River Council Tidy Towns Committee
- Edward River Users Group
- Memorial Park Users Advisory Committee