Parking restrictions aims to manage road safety while ensuring parking spaces can be shared by all road users.

Time Restricted Parking 

Edward River Council has a variety of parking restrictions in place within the Deniliquin town centre, but does not have any paid parking spaces.

Please note parking signs for duration of available parking. We have time limited and all day parking in the town area.


Mobility Parking Scheme

The NSW Mobility Parking Scheme (MPS) provides parking concessions to people with mobile disabilities. A mobile disability is defined by legislation as:

  • Someone who is unable to walk due to the permanent or temporary loss of use of one or both legs or other permanent medical or physical condition;
  • Someone whose physical condition is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres; or
  • Someone who requires the use of crutches, a walking frame, callipers, scooter, wheelchair or similar mobility aid.

MPS permits are also available to people who are permanently blind.

There are three types of permits available under the NSW MPS:

  • Individual (blue card) - issued for five years to eligible people whose disability is permanent
  • Temporary (red card) - issued for up to six months to eligible people whose disability is temporary. Temporary permits may be renewed for up to another six months (providing twelve months in total).
  • Organisation (green card) - issued to organisations that provide transport to people who meet the MPS eligibility requirements. Organisation permits can only be used when parking a vehicle that's transporting an eligible person and must not be used for any other purpose.

MPS permit holders can stop in a no parking zone for up to five minutes to drop off or pick up passengers or goods as long as the driver remains within three metres of the vehicle. MPS permits do not allow a vehicle to stand of park in areas signposted:

  • No stopping
  • Taxi zone
  • Bus zone
  • Loading zone
  • Work zone
  • Clearway

For further information about the MPS or to apply for a permit, you will need to complete a Mobility Parking Scheme Application Form and have a medical certificate from your doctor confirming you meet the eligibility requirements. You can download a form from the NSW Roads, Maritime and Safety website at or pick one up in person at any RMS registry or service centre.