Deniliquin Airport is situated 5 kilometres by road from the Deniliquin CBD and sits on approximately 230 hectares of land in close proximity to the industrial area of Deniliquin.
There is currently no Regular Public Transport service operating at Deniliquin Airport. Transport to and from the Deniliquin Airport is available on request by the local taxi services.
The current operations area of the airport has a sealed 30 metre wide runway, 1219 metres in length and a natural surface cross strip of 1487 metres in length. There is a comfortable terminal building with facilities and a large sealed GA aircraft parking area with facilities to tie aircraft down.
Please refer to the Airservices Australia en route supplement for current and updated information.
All users are encouraged to check current NOTAMS for any works in progress or amendments to the operation of the airport.
Airport Terminal and Services
The Deniliquin Airport terminal has a kitchenette for pilots as well as bathroom facilities and disabled toilets. Aviation Fuel is available.
Deniliquin Airport has quite an interesting aviation history. Originally under the control of the Department of Civil Aviation, the first air service established from the Deniliquin Airport started in 1928. The area has been serviced by a number of aviation operators since then.
A Museum is located at the Deniliquin airport site.
From 30 June 1941, the Deniliquin airport was used as a training facility by the Royal Australian Air Force for the No.7 SFTS Flying Training School. Aircraft mainly in use was the Wirraway aircraft. During 1942/43 the average number of aircraft at the school was 130, until the school was disbanded in April 1948. Of interest is the memorial cemetery that has a number of servicemen interned that died and had a direct link to the Flying School.