Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
Section 355 Committees
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee was established in February 2018 and plays an important role in the governance framework of Edward River Council.
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee assists in promoting good governance practices within the organisation by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of enterprise risk management, control and governance processes in line with the Office of Local Government Internal Audit Guidelines and Part 4A of the Local Government Amendment (Governance and Planning) Act 2016. The Committee operates under the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Charter(PDF, 125KB).
Under section 355 of the Local Government Act 1993, Council is able to delegate some of its functions to a committee of Council. Council uses this delegation and appoints members of the community to manage its facilities or functions through a committee or board of management. These committees are known as Section 355 Committees.
Community involvement in managing community facilities provides better outcomes for locals, while engaging and including residents and providing them with an opportunity to participate in local life.
Council's current Section 355 Committees include:
- Cemetery Advisory Committee
- Central Murray Darling Association
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Airport Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Community Garden;
- Edward River Council Floodplain Risk Management Advisory Committee
- Edward River Council Heritage Committee
- Edward River Council Municipal Band Committee
- Edward River Council Tidy Towns Committee
- Edward River Users Group
- Memorial Park Users Advisory Committee